How to Measure Fuel Consumption
- Fill the petrol in the fuel tank until gas vapors can be seen in the fuel inlet pipe.
- Once the gas vapors can be seen in the fuel inlet pipe wait for about 20~30 seconds and if possible wait for more than a minute for more accurate calculation.
- Do not shake the vehicle’s body.
- As soon as the gas vapors sinks add more petrol till the gas surface is visible once again.
- Initialize the trip meter to zero at the petrol pump.
- Drive the vehicle till the fuel gauge needle reaches the ‘E’ Position. Ensure that no petrol has been added in between.
- Repeat steps 1-4 again.
- Read the petrol quantity from the pump.
- Read the mileage from the trip meter.
- Calculate the fuel consumption. (Trip meter mileage – Petrol quantity)
- After calculating the fuel consumption, once again initialize the trip meter to zero.
- Repeat the above procedure at least 5~6 times.
- Calculate the average fuel consumption.